Description

My blog page is a place where I'm serving the Lord through encouraging others.

About Me

My photo
Bullhead City, Arizona, United States
I am a 50 yr young disabled woman with many chronic painful physical afflictions & a illness. I am married to a wonderful man with 2 adult children. I grew up in & out of church. One of my Uncles is a recently retired Pastor . I have been saved since 1996. I love serving the Lord & fellow-shipping with my church family,family/friends! I started this blog because I was inspired and encouraged by a couple of friends blogs and felt the Lord prompting me to start a blog page after our Women's Retreat in August 2009 to use the gift of encouragement he has given me to journal what he is doing in my life and to pass on to others articles that encourage me and help me in my walk with the Lord. My prayer is that you will feel the love of Jesus and that you will be inspired and encouraged by my post. I'm just a servant Girl and a Broken Vessel called to be a Heiress of Light for the Lord. The things I post will be from my heart and things that speak to my heart. Sometimes I will just journal about Life,Family etc. My prayer is that my blog will be a source of encouragement to all my friends, family members and followers. http://heiressoflight.blogspot.com/

My Web Adresses

http://heiressoflight.blogspot.com/ http://www.youtube.com/user/HeiressoftheLight

Thursday, January 6, 2011

Making Room (Part 1)

Hope everyone had a blessed Christmas & blessed start in the New Year. I haven't blogged in awhile, I took the advice of my last blog that I shared about slowing down. I haven't felt very well most of this year so I took some time off from blogging & have been resting. I was so encouraged by a blog post that I just read so I wanted to pass it on to my readers. Before my mom passed away on 1/2/09 we use to talk alot about crying & she was always afraid if she let herself cry that she would become uncontrolable & end up in the hospital. She was literally terrified by letting herself break down & cry because she was afraid of it setting off a severe asthma attack or heart attack. I use to explain to her that I believed God gave us tears so we could heal & that it was good for our spirit. I'm not talking about just making yourself cry just to cry & causing un-necessary drama & getting your emotions out of control. I firmly believe if more people would let themselves cry they would have less health problems & heart attacks. These words brought comfort to my mom & she learned to cry & know the peace that came after. I also have a friend who was raised that crying meant you were weak. I must confess I use to put my tough girl attitude on & I was one never to let them see you cry. But then one day I learned how to cry out to Jesus & my boohoo Sisters & oh the joy & peace that came from that. I also am a firm believer that it is ok for boys & men to cry as well, after all the Bible says Jesus wept. So I wanted to share this Amy Grant Video with all of you & a blog post by a blogger friend of mine Gitz Girl. I love the way she explained the healing & peace that makes room for the peace God wants to give us. Be blessed everyone. XO <3
Daily Promises
Blue Letter Bible
January 5, 2011
They that sow in tears shall reap in joy. (Psalms 126:5)
How true it is that though we presently toil under a curse, sowing in tears upon this earth, it is in our hope of heavenly promise that we bask, joyful and content. Our earthly suffering is for but a moment! And truly—it is even now working for us who believe, a far and exceeding weight of glory! Rejoice, therefore, in the sweat of your brow and the pain in your side for these do but serve to focus your eyes heavenward to the consuming glory of promise!

Making Room
Posted: 04 Jan 2011 10:01 PM PST
What is it about us that instinctively wants not to cry?
We think it's weak. We think it means we aren't strong enough to persevere. We're afraid other people will feel sorry for us. That they won't take us seriously. That it is a reflection of our personal insufficiencies.
And sometimes, we're afraid that once we start... we'll never stop.
I've thought about writing about this topic for awhile, and in the past three days I've said the following statement to two different people:
"Some tears are good tears. Good tears are necessary. I'm learning to let them fall to make room for the peace."
In the past month, I've told three different people in three different circumstances that I'm wondering if sometimes we're not supposed to "get over it." That sometimes we're not supposed to shake that feeling in the pit of our stomach.
That sometimes we're supposed to dive right in it.
Maybe, in the middle of the storms... in the pit of our stomach that holds a heavy rock of fear or dread or sadness... we're not supposed to ignore it and run from it and "fake it 'til we make it."
Maybe that pit in our stomach is right where God is.
Maybe He's there, waiting for us to show up and face it so He can help us through it.
Maybe He's waiting for us to acknowledge the pit in our stomach and let the tears fall so we can make room for the peace He's holding in His hands.
Just for us.
I've said before that you can't fix what isn't broken. If that's true, why are we so afraid to be broken? Why is it hard for me to look into my best friend's eyes for fear I'll fall apart? Why are we keeping ourselves broken and full of tears?
There is a part in a Selah song, Unredeemed, that says: "Life breaks and falls apart, but we know these are the places where grace is soon to be so amazing. They may be unfulfilled, they may be unrestored, but when anything that's shattered is laid before the Lord – just watch and see – it will not be unredeemed."
That's how I am going to look at the tears. The place that feels broken. They aren't weak or something to be afraid of... they are just the places where grace is soon to be so amazing.
I'm learning to let them fall to make room for the peace.
By Gitz
 http://gitzengirl.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

I WOULD LOVE TO HEAR IF YOU ARE ENCOURAGED BY MY BLOG
SO PLEASE POST YOUR COMMENTS.

THE CROWN I WEAR

The Crown that I wear does not tarnish;
It's not made of worldly ores. I don't need to polish and store it in a vault or behind metal doors. The Crown is a gift from my Father whose Son died so that I could be free. What a honor it is just to wear it, For His last thoughts on Earth were of me. The Crown has speacial meaning; It's not about worldly success. It stands for the Love of My Lord and Saviour,Which I wear every day like a Princess.