Description

My blog page is a place where I'm serving the Lord through encouraging others.

About Me

My photo
Bullhead City, Arizona, United States
I am a 50 yr young disabled woman with many chronic painful physical afflictions & a illness. I am married to a wonderful man with 2 adult children. I grew up in & out of church. One of my Uncles is a recently retired Pastor . I have been saved since 1996. I love serving the Lord & fellow-shipping with my church family,family/friends! I started this blog because I was inspired and encouraged by a couple of friends blogs and felt the Lord prompting me to start a blog page after our Women's Retreat in August 2009 to use the gift of encouragement he has given me to journal what he is doing in my life and to pass on to others articles that encourage me and help me in my walk with the Lord. My prayer is that you will feel the love of Jesus and that you will be inspired and encouraged by my post. I'm just a servant Girl and a Broken Vessel called to be a Heiress of Light for the Lord. The things I post will be from my heart and things that speak to my heart. Sometimes I will just journal about Life,Family etc. My prayer is that my blog will be a source of encouragement to all my friends, family members and followers. http://heiressoflight.blogspot.com/

My Web Adresses

http://heiressoflight.blogspot.com/ http://www.youtube.com/user/HeiressoftheLight

Saturday, April 18, 2015

Do You Accept Who God Made You To Be?

These two blog posts really encouraged my heart and I felt led by the Lord to re-post and share them today with all of my female family members, friends and my S.I.C.S.{Sisters-In-Christ}. My hope and Prayer is that you all will be as encouraged and blessed as I am by these blog posts.
                              
                              {HEIRESS OF THE LIGHT}



Do You Accept Who God Made You To Be?
                                                         
    APRIL 17, 2015 by KELA NELLUMS 



Recently I was confiding in some sister-friends about how I've started to feel about myself; my body image and the emotions that can go along with.

I’m starting to call myself beautiful.  I’m discovering who I am as a person and as God’s daughter; truly embracing that.

I’m a mom of six and a grandma.  I have hit the 40+ mark and I’m comfortable in my skin.

Can you say that about yourself as a woman? Will you allow it to sink in?

You’re beautiful! Created magnificently.  The words that I write are not just fluffy words, or meant to be just another sound of your mother telling you that “because she has to”.

It is absolutely true!

May I share with you a quote that rocked my way of thinking of myself; my body, my emotions, my past, my shortcomings?

Every woman has a beauty unique unto herself. I have seen beauty in virtually every woman I have ever met regardless of skin type, body shape, hair color, teeth whiteness, or number on the scale. Every woman is beautiful. You are beautiful. I am beautiful. Though I have recognized it in other women for as long as I can remember, I have only begun to see it in myself. Yes, I believe I am beautiful. Some days. Well, some moments. God help us all to believe it more deeply and more often. Because in the places where we don’t believe it, we continue to shame ourselves. And shame will never be an agent of change.
-Stasi Eldredge, {Becoming Myself}

I cried over those words. I saw a better me and a newness that I can’t describe.

Woman. You have worth. You ARE worth. A most prized delight.

The desire of my heart with this post is to speak directly to your soul. To draw out the beauty that’s there. Did you stuff it down? Or worse yet, did someone else stuff it down?

"So God created man in His own image; in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them."
  Genesis 1:27 NKJV (emphasis are mine)

There is a love song being sung over you, dear sister. Your Creator, The Almighty takes that time to lavish goodness on you.  He’s thinking of how you’ll love that unique snowflake that makes its way into your palm, or that new Spring bloom that is your absolute favorite flower, and that sand between your toes that you've waited to feel since the last time.

He gives beauty to His beauty. Yes! You!

If you’re struggling with believing how beautiful you are or even who you are, I want to direct you to Jolene’s beautiful telling of her personal story of rejection and acceptance: 
What I Want You to Know


Be blessed, beautiful sister!

Kela Nellums


No comments:

Post a Comment

I WOULD LOVE TO HEAR IF YOU ARE ENCOURAGED BY MY BLOG
SO PLEASE POST YOUR COMMENTS.

THE CROWN I WEAR

The Crown that I wear does not tarnish;
It's not made of worldly ores. I don't need to polish and store it in a vault or behind metal doors. The Crown is a gift from my Father whose Son died so that I could be free. What a honor it is just to wear it, For His last thoughts on Earth were of me. The Crown has speacial meaning; It's not about worldly success. It stands for the Love of My Lord and Saviour,Which I wear every day like a Princess.