Description

My blog page is a place where I'm serving the Lord through encouraging others.

About Me

My photo
Bullhead City, Arizona, United States
I am a 50 yr young disabled woman with many chronic painful physical afflictions & a illness. I am married to a wonderful man with 2 adult children. I grew up in & out of church. One of my Uncles is a recently retired Pastor . I have been saved since 1996. I love serving the Lord & fellow-shipping with my church family,family/friends! I started this blog because I was inspired and encouraged by a couple of friends blogs and felt the Lord prompting me to start a blog page after our Women's Retreat in August 2009 to use the gift of encouragement he has given me to journal what he is doing in my life and to pass on to others articles that encourage me and help me in my walk with the Lord. My prayer is that you will feel the love of Jesus and that you will be inspired and encouraged by my post. I'm just a servant Girl and a Broken Vessel called to be a Heiress of Light for the Lord. The things I post will be from my heart and things that speak to my heart. Sometimes I will just journal about Life,Family etc. My prayer is that my blog will be a source of encouragement to all my friends, family members and followers. http://heiressoflight.blogspot.com/

My Web Adresses

http://heiressoflight.blogspot.com/ http://www.youtube.com/user/HeiressoftheLight

Saturday, September 20, 2014

STANDING STRONG THROUGH THE STORM DAILY DEVOTIONAL


https://www.biblegateway.com/devotionals/standing-strong-through-the-storm/


 WE DO NOT HAVE TO BE PERFECT TO DO GOD’S WILL


But we have this treasure in jars of clay to show that t
his all-surpassing power is from God and not from us. 
Our Open Doors colleague, Ron Boyd-MacMillan, 
shares the following insight from his teaching, 
“Why I Need to Encounter the Persecuted Church.” 
While living in Hong Kong, I used to
 make a point of having dinner with  many of the 
Open Doors supporters worldwide that gave up 
some holidaytime to courier Bibles into China. 
Often in the course of their travels some of them 
would meet famous house church leaders 
and say, “To be truthful, I was a bit disappointed
 in meeting.” They would add something like, 
“I thought these people would be remarkable
 saints, and of course they were, but they were 
also quite prejudiced, or rude, or had some other 
feature that I did not think worthy of a very 
spiritual leader.” They assumed that the
 persecuted were “super-saints.” But they are not.
It is a very unfortunate trend to idolize the
 persecuted. We assume that if a Christian 
survives twenty years in a stinking prison cell they 
are in a completely different spiritual category
 from ourselves. They are of course different in 
what  they have experienced, but that does not
 necessarily make them more spiritual.
 As J.C. Ryle once put it, “Even the best of men 
are only men at the best. ” They often retain the 
blind spots and prejudices of their culture.
On one occasion I was taking a distinguished
 Bible teacher to meet a revival leader in 
Lanzhou, Gansu province. This Chinese leader 
had seen over 50,000 people come to know the
 Lord through his ministry over a ten-year period, 
but to our amazement he taught that 
“you can only come to faith on a Sunday.” He had 
been taught Christianity by his beloved 
grandmother, who believed the Lord would only 
listen to pleas for repentance on a Sunday. 
We talked and argued about this, and eventually 
he threw us out shouting, “You just hate my
 Granny.” I hear now, years later, that he
 has extended the “repentance period” to
 Saturday as well. Yet he is still an extremely 
effective evangelist despite this chronic, 
man-made obstacle he has erected to the 
grace of God!
Surely the great point is this: flawed as some 
Chinese leaders were, they did the will of God
 mightily. They labored in a country 
that has seen the number of Christians grow 
from less than one million in 1949 to over
 eighty millions today—the largest revival in
 the history of Christendom. God didn’t stop 
pouring out his Spirit because his saints were
 imperfect.
If the persecuted teach us anything, it is that 
God will work through us even despite our
 prejudices, blind spots and eccentricities.
 If we offer ourselves, we will be used…as we are.
 We do not have to be perfect to do God’s will. 
 Otherwise, no one could.
RESPONSE: Today I will walk in faith thankful 
that I do not have to be perfect to do God’s will.
PRAYER: Thank You, Lord, that You can 
still use me with all my imperfections and
 blind spots.
Standing Strong Through The Storm (SSTS),
 a daily devotional message by
 SSTS author Paul Estabrooks. 
© 2011 Open Doors International. 
Used by permission.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I WOULD LOVE TO HEAR IF YOU ARE ENCOURAGED BY MY BLOG
SO PLEASE POST YOUR COMMENTS.

THE CROWN I WEAR

The Crown that I wear does not tarnish;
It's not made of worldly ores. I don't need to polish and store it in a vault or behind metal doors. The Crown is a gift from my Father whose Son died so that I could be free. What a honor it is just to wear it, For His last thoughts on Earth were of me. The Crown has speacial meaning; It's not about worldly success. It stands for the Love of My Lord and Saviour,Which I wear every day like a Princess.