Description

My blog page is a place where I'm serving the Lord through encouraging others.

About Me

My photo
Bullhead City, Arizona, United States
I am a 50 yr young disabled woman with many chronic painful physical afflictions & a illness. I am married to a wonderful man with 2 adult children. I grew up in & out of church. One of my Uncles is a recently retired Pastor . I have been saved since 1996. I love serving the Lord & fellow-shipping with my church family,family/friends! I started this blog because I was inspired and encouraged by a couple of friends blogs and felt the Lord prompting me to start a blog page after our Women's Retreat in August 2009 to use the gift of encouragement he has given me to journal what he is doing in my life and to pass on to others articles that encourage me and help me in my walk with the Lord. My prayer is that you will feel the love of Jesus and that you will be inspired and encouraged by my post. I'm just a servant Girl and a Broken Vessel called to be a Heiress of Light for the Lord. The things I post will be from my heart and things that speak to my heart. Sometimes I will just journal about Life,Family etc. My prayer is that my blog will be a source of encouragement to all my friends, family members and followers. http://heiressoflight.blogspot.com/

My Web Adresses

http://heiressoflight.blogspot.com/ http://www.youtube.com/user/HeiressoftheLight

Sunday, December 23, 2012

Devastated by Death


Some of you may know that recently my Dad passed away on 9-4-12, then unexpectedly on 11-20-12 my 32 year old nephew David (my older sisters son)  passed away on his 32nd birthday. My family had not even really got to grieve my Dad's death then my nephew passed & my family was devastated understandably so & even though I'm a devoted Christian woman strong in my faith I was at a loss for words to comfort their hearts or minister to them & I must confess my nephews unexpected death blindsided me & was very hard on me.  I'm still trying to process it. My family is still grieving the death of my precious Mama in 2009, my step-daddy & brother-in-Law in 2006 as well.Then all the recent shootings happened recently & I myself was distraught. BUT GOD  is so good & as I was going through some devotionals I had flagged to read at a later time I found this devotional by Max Lucado & it brought so much peace & comfort to my heart. I just had to re-post it & blog it in hopes that it would bring comfort & minister to  my  Blog readers, followers & especially my  relatives whose hearts are hurting/grieving over the loss of a loved one, child etc..My family & I are trying to get into the Christmas spirit despite our grief but we could use your prayers & please especially pray for my sister Ada, (my nephew David's  Mom), her two sons my nephews James & Dustin (David's brothers) & Conrad (my brother-in-Law & the boys step dad) & David Griffith my nephew's Dad.Thank you<3 God bless all of you. I wish you a very Merry Christmas.<3




Devastated by Death
Max on Life #148

The following is a one of 172 questions and answers from the new book, (Max on Life).
QUESTION #148:
The seven-year-old son of our neighbors died last week. They are devastated. So are we. What can we tell them?
God is a good God. We must begin here. Though we don’t understand his actions, we can trust his heart.
God does only what is good. But how can death be good? Some mourners don’t ask this question. When the quantity of years has outstripped the quality of years, we don’t ask how death can be good.
But the father of the dead teenager does. The widow of the young soldier does. The parents of a seven-year-old do. How could death be good?

Part of the answer may be found in Isaiah 57:1–2: “Good people are taken away, but no one understands. Those who do right are being taken away from evil and are given peace. Those who live as God wants find rest in death” (NCV).

Death is God’s way of taking people away from evil. From what kind of evil? An extended disease? An addiction? A dark season of rebellion? We don’t know. But we know that no person lives one day more or less than God intends. “All the days planned for me were written in your book before I was one day old” (Ps. 139:16 NCV).

But her days here were so few . . .

His life was so brief . . .

To us it seems that way. We speak of a short life, but compared to eternity, who has a long one? A person’s days on earth may appear as a drop in the ocean. Yours and mine may seem like a thimbleful. But compared to the Pacific of eternity, even the years of Methuselah filled no more than a glass. James was not speaking just to the young when he said, “Your life is like a mist. You can see it for a short time, but then it goes away”
(James 4:14 NCV).
In God’s plan every life is long enough and every death is timely. And though you and I might wish for a longer life, God knows better.

And—this is important—though you and I may wish a longer life for our loved ones, they don’t. Ironically, the first to accept God’s decision of death is the one who dies.

While we are shaking heads in disbelief, they are lifting hands in worship. While we are mourning at a grave, they are marveling at heaven. While we are questioning God, they are praising God.
NEW Book!
MAX ON LIFE:
Answers and Insights to your Most Important Questions

Copyright (Thomas Nelson, 2011) Max Lucado

No comments:

Post a Comment

I WOULD LOVE TO HEAR IF YOU ARE ENCOURAGED BY MY BLOG
SO PLEASE POST YOUR COMMENTS.

THE CROWN I WEAR

The Crown that I wear does not tarnish;
It's not made of worldly ores. I don't need to polish and store it in a vault or behind metal doors. The Crown is a gift from my Father whose Son died so that I could be free. What a honor it is just to wear it, For His last thoughts on Earth were of me. The Crown has speacial meaning; It's not about worldly success. It stands for the Love of My Lord and Saviour,Which I wear every day like a Princess.