Description

My blog page is a place where I'm serving the Lord through encouraging others.

About Me

My photo
Bullhead City, Arizona, United States
I am a 50 yr young disabled woman with many chronic painful physical afflictions & a illness. I am married to a wonderful man with 2 adult children. I grew up in & out of church. One of my Uncles is a recently retired Pastor . I have been saved since 1996. I love serving the Lord & fellow-shipping with my church family,family/friends! I started this blog because I was inspired and encouraged by a couple of friends blogs and felt the Lord prompting me to start a blog page after our Women's Retreat in August 2009 to use the gift of encouragement he has given me to journal what he is doing in my life and to pass on to others articles that encourage me and help me in my walk with the Lord. My prayer is that you will feel the love of Jesus and that you will be inspired and encouraged by my post. I'm just a servant Girl and a Broken Vessel called to be a Heiress of Light for the Lord. The things I post will be from my heart and things that speak to my heart. Sometimes I will just journal about Life,Family etc. My prayer is that my blog will be a source of encouragement to all my friends, family members and followers. http://heiressoflight.blogspot.com/

My Web Adresses

http://heiressoflight.blogspot.com/ http://www.youtube.com/user/HeiressoftheLight

Sunday, October 24, 2010

This Journey

This Journey:
By Meg Massey, Morning Cup With Meg
Posted: 23 Oct 2010 10:10 PM PDT





When I received word that I would be writing a guest post for (in)courage, my heart was overcome with emotion. The literature major in me came alive. I imagined the poetry that would spring from my heart. I would be wise like Lewis, as contemplative as Thoreau, and as in awe of the very stuff of creation as Dillard.

But when I put pen to paper, the words did not come.

As I struggled to share the thoughts that were in my heart, I turned to previous posts and comments shared by so many wonderful women at (in)courage. Posts and thoughts that have touched me, encouraged me, caused me to move forward with hope.

And then it hit me.

Many of us are struggling.

Many of us have hurts from wounds of the past.

Many of us are searching for purpose, wondering what the future holds.

Many of us feel afraid to share our pain, fearful of rejection. Fearful that no one will understand.

I myself fall into all of the above categories.

It’s strange how often we feel alone in our struggles. That thought, No one understands what I am going through, is dangerous and painfully isolating. And it is from the enemy.

When we become convinced that we are alone in our trials, we begin comparing ourselves to those whom we perceive have better lives, jobs, healthier marriages, closer walks with the Lord…

And that’s when the real trouble starts.

Resentment builds walls around fractured hearts.

Bitterness consumes our thoughts.

Communities, the friendships we so desperately need, fall apart.

And that’s when guilt creeps in, peaking over our shoulders, whispering, “Aren’t you a believer? Shouldn’t you be happy all the time? Aren’t you supposed to love your brothers and sisters in Christ?”

All the while, the reality is that we are all walking this journey. No one has “made it” or “figured it out.”

But there is One who has walked this journey. He “figured it out” before you and I breathed our first breaths. There is One who knows the answers. And His name is Jesus.

When we don’t have the strength to continue on, He does.

The LORD is my strength and my shield; in him my heart trusts, and I am helped. – Psalm 28:7

When we don’t know the next step, He knows.

For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope. – Jeremiah 29:11

When we are hurting, He understands.

He was despised and rejected by men, a man of sorrows, and familiar with suffering. Like one from whom men hide their faces he was despised, and we esteemed him not. Surely he took up our infirmities and carried our sorrows. – Isaiah 53:3-4

When we can’t even put our needs into words (or on paper!), He intercedes for us.

The Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groans that words cannot express. – Romans 8:26

And when we need a hand to hold, the Lord has provided us with friends who share in our struggle. Friends who share our fears, our desires, and our search for joy and purpose.

We don’t need to travel this journey alone. Let’s walk together.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I WOULD LOVE TO HEAR IF YOU ARE ENCOURAGED BY MY BLOG
SO PLEASE POST YOUR COMMENTS.

THE CROWN I WEAR

The Crown that I wear does not tarnish;
It's not made of worldly ores. I don't need to polish and store it in a vault or behind metal doors. The Crown is a gift from my Father whose Son died so that I could be free. What a honor it is just to wear it, For His last thoughts on Earth were of me. The Crown has speacial meaning; It's not about worldly success. It stands for the Love of My Lord and Saviour,Which I wear every day like a Princess.